Is a single entry point to quality information from leading health information providers, including peak health organisations, government agencies and educational and research institutions, as well as providing access to services, and an increasing number of online specific programs and tools on a 24 hour basis.
Covers medical conditions, gives information on nutrition and exercise, and has a large library of online health tools and calculators to help you manage your health. myDr also allows you to search for healthcare professionals and patient support groups in your area.
TO FIND HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IN YOUR AREA VISIT:
- The Australian Health Directory lists health professionals, hospitals, health care products and services, support organisations and solutions for wellness and independence. It also has a national aged care directory that lists aged care homes offering several levels of accommodation and support
- Australian Society for Performing Arts Healthcare (ASPAH) – Holistic healthcare professionals experienced in working with people in the performing arts
TO FIND A PSYCHOLOGIST IN YOUR AREA, VISIT:
- Australian Psychological Society – Find over 8,000 psychologists Australia wide, who are in private practice and provide services for a fee.
- The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
MENTAL HEALTH PLANS & MEDICARE
Medicare rebates are available for up to ten individual and ten group allied mental health services per calendar year to patients with an assessed mental disorder who are referred by:
- A GP managing the patient under a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan; or
- Under a referred psychiatrist assessment and management plan; or
- A psychiatrist or paediatrician.